Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just dusted off my Yamaha keyboard PSR 6300 after many,

Customer Question

HI! I just dusted off my Yamaha keyboard PSR 6300 after many, many years of storage in my basement. The power turns on but none of the features work - no Upper Orchestra, no voices, rhythms, accompaniments, etc. What do you advise? Thank you very much! Nance P. S. I live in the Bellevue, WA area.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you prefer to call me, my number is ***** XXX XXXX. Nance XXXXXX
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Electronic devices can grow old, even if turned Off and stored. (If the storage conditions are damp, or hot, or occasionally below freezing, or varying in temperature, this aging can be more rapid or worse.) I'm sorry to say it, but your Yamaha keyboard may simply need repairing. Unless Yamaha service centers do not repair this old a model, this can be done.

As for where a Yamaha service center for keyboards of the type you have, would be located near you, I would have to know your zip code, to look the information up for you.

At the very least, if you called several of them and asked for an estimate on the cost of getting your keyboard working again, you would have some idea of how much repairs would cost.

I would tentatively diagnose (from the sound of it) either failure of electronic controls or logic circuits in the keyboard, or else severe dirtying of the function buttons to the extent that none of them work. Either fault would require repairs, though the latter might possibly cost a lot less.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your assessment. My zip code is 98024. I live east of Seattle and Bellevue WA. I would appreciate your finding out if anyone can repair it. Thank you very much! Nance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try contacting these, if they are still at the listed addresses and will service your model, by phone:

CHARLES MCINTYRE

11782 SAND POINT WAY NE
SEATTLE WA 98125

Tel(###) ###-####br />

CONDOR ELECTRONICS CORPORATION

*****N
    SEATTLE WA 98103

Tel(###) ###-####br />

EFEX ELECTRONICS & MUSICAL INSTRUME

222 SOUTHWEST 153RD STREET
      SEATTLE WA 98166

Tel(###) ###-####br />

If this completes the case for you, please rate my Answer - or Reply indicating what rating you would like to have applied to my work, at your convenience. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.