Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We have a roland KR-3 and it will power on, but no sound when

Customer Question

We have a roland KR-3 and it will power on, but no sound when pressing the keys and nothing on the screens.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI - been 3 hours. When I did this, it said average time was 15-60 minutes.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the weights, but many factors determine how long you wait including system algorithms and the type of service you requested. One thing that does not affect your wait time is me, so please if you have an issue with the time you waited please discuss that with just answer directly. When you do your rating, please base it only on my professionalism and knowledge. What I would suggest doing is a reset. There is a reset procedure for each Roland instrument. In the resets for their KR line the closest they have is the KR – 3000 which is the following:While holding down LOAD & SAVE, press WRITE. There are number of other models that are close like the KR three and the the KR 3– in fact they have about 20 models that contain KR – 3 but none that are made up only of KR – 3. If the above process doesn't work if you could please double check the model number and provide the whole model number to me that would be helpful.This will this will correct anything that is not a hardware problem, so if this does not take care of the issue, let me know and we can discuss possible hardware problems you might be having. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks! This didn't work. Load, save and write aren't visible - perhaps they are part of the display screen which is lighted but no data.
Full model is KR-3-MH. According to online guide we found, we tried holding accomp keyboard, bass accomp, and upper buttons all at once. That didn't work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - following up on my message from this morning...I see where my credit card has been charged, but I don't have resolution to my question.Thanks,
ANN
The only other reset available for it is from the screen. So if you are able to get to the screen, then the hardware may be in need of repair. If you can manage to get to the menus, the following steps will reset it to factory defaults. If you still are not able to get the screen to work, then we may have to engage Roland for a repair. While holding down the [ RECALL ] button, turn on the power.The display indicates " rSt " and the [ START/STOP ] button blinks.Press the [ START/STOP ] button to execute the factory reset.When the display indicates " CNP ", turn the MX-1's power off,then on again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We cannot get to the screen. It illuminates - but there is no data. What's next? How do we engage Roland?
The best way to engage Roland is to contact their local service center. You can search for the local center on the following page:http://bitli.es/InXGf4 Find the closest repair center and the phone number will be on it. You can then contact Roland directly through that phone number.