Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Gulbransen Organ 600 series cosmetically in great

Customer Question

I have a Gulbransen Organ 600 series cosmetically in great shape. the lighting light up and the tremolo wheel spins. Other than that nothing seems to work. No sound. Where should I start to find the problem?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think this type of organ is a tube amplifier organ. There is a single tone generator. Look for tubes that don't light up (being careful of the voltage in them) with the cover Off, and check the tone generator part particularly.
Also look for capacitors that are bulging or leaking or otherwise obviously bad - those will need replacing for sure. And, if the circuitry is not clean, it will need cleaning (with it turned Off for awhile, and unplugged for a while, for safety.)
There are also service manuals available for this organ series. They would contain parts lists and troubleshooting instructions, if not even more information useful to someone trying to repair such an organ. Would you be interested in a source for such a service manual? if so, I will research for one (or more) such sources.