Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Roland VK-7 will not make a sound or show anything in the

Customer Question

My Roland VK-7 will not make a sound or show anything in the display window. When I try to reset it with the pedal sub and main buttons are pushed along with the on button still no factory reset. What could be the problem?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the device is completely 'dead' and shows no sign of life, unplug it from the power outlet.
Then try plugging it into a completely different outlet, after checking the power cord to it for looseness, strains, breaks, cuts, etc., all the way to where it goes into the device.
After which, if the problem persists, your Roland device will need repair, unfortunately.
But, if it is within 1 year of its purchase date, it will be repaired by a local shop authorized for Roland repairs, for free under warranty. If repair seems the only option, let me know your local zip code, and I will give you contact information for local Roland repair shops authorized to do repair-servicing of your model.