Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Cd loads, but then says no cd and the little green light goes

Customer Question

Cd loads, but then says no cd and the little green light goes out.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That means the CD was not recognized or read successfully by the drive, I think. Esp. if it hasn't acted that way before.
1. if it's a bad CD, try a different one. Or two or three. But not all at once.
2. if it's a dirty lens, clean the drive with a CD drive cleaning kit. (If you don't have one, let me know, and I will direct you to several sources to buy one - they don't cost much, about $10 or $12 last I checked.)
3. if the drive itself is defective, to all appearances, try shutting the device Off for overnight, or at least 4 hours, then turn it On, and immediately put in a disc, and see if it works. After which, it's defective, and the drive will have to be replaced, at minimum. (But, if the device is less than a year old, then it is covered by warranty and the maker should repair it for free.)