Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Seeburg lpc-1 everything was working but now record does not

Customer Question

seeburg lpc-1 everything was working but now record does not spin
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does scan and pick up record and load into player, but now record does not spin to play it. Is the problem a tube now not working or is there something unplugged I should be looking for.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect it is simply a problem with with the spindle motor for the platter that is not working. Or, if (as in a conventional turntable) there is a pulley system that goes from the motor to the spindle that turns the record, the pulley may have come off, or may have broken with age (a common problem in any audio player that has gotten old, and is driven by a rubber band or similar drive band.)
Checking all the connections, and the power to the spindle motor, should be done, but I would suspect the above first of all.