Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Yamaha Clavinova won't make any sound. Everything else is

Customer Question

My Yamaha Clavinova won't make any sound. Everything else is working. Blown speaker?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. First, check whether the output is set to MIDI by any chance - that often disables the speaker output, in many Yamaha devices.After checking on that, and whether the volume is turned up, not all the way down or nearly, you may tentatively conclude that the speakers are indeed not silent from any normal cause or setting, but as a defective condition.It could be several things, but most likely a defective component in the amplifier inside the Clavinova needs locating, replacing and repairing. If you get to this point and would like to have the Clavinova service-repaired, please Reply letting me know what your zip code or other locality indicator is, and I will find what Yamaha Authorized Service Centers for Clavinova instruments of the type you have, are located nearby to you.Also please mention, in that case, what model of Clavinova it is. Thanks.