MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I am a bassist, and I recently built a bass that has the GraphTech

Customer Question

I am a bassist, and I recently built a bass that has the GraphTech Ghost Hexpander system. to control a Roland GI-20 connected to an XV-2020.
My intent is to learn the basics of MIDI, so I acquired this setup so that I can learn what's up and then move on when I'm educated.
I can change the patches on the GI-20 with the bass. I can also play the patches and performances in Poly mode.
However, I am having the damnedest time figuring out, despite hours spent with the manuals, or searching for user groups, etc., how I can:
1) change patches or performances on the xv-2020 via the bass or the GI-20, as opposed to playing with the knobs on the unit (not positive for playing live)
2) get the GI-20 to communicate with the xv-2020 in Mono mode, so that all 4 strings have discrete outputs allowing me to actuate more than one patch/performance at a time as the manual says I should be able to
The Terratec Axon MKII 100 that I also have recently acquired is, for me at least, easier to follow the manual- although I'm not nearly as impressed with the unit itself.
Can you help me out, or lead me to a source where I can find the info?
Thanks- Brad
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad, I'm sorry to hear that I know this can be frustrating for sure and to say the least.I will check to see what other info may be available and even see if my databases have any video tutorials on this. I may know someone who can work with you on this as they have the same equipment and are highly advanced with it;-)I usually don't answer this type of question but I have a alot of resources for this one lol;-)Please have patience with me on this one and since this may take a bit of time and workI will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day Brad !
Hi Brad, sorry forgot to add that lol!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your time.

It's hard, at this time, to rate the service because I don't have an answer.

I look forward to the information you come up with.