MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

Suddenly middle C, D, E, F, and G keys stopped working. Other

Customer Question

Suddenly middle C, D, E, F, and G keys stopped working. Other keys play. What gives?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and good evening, I am sorry to hear that.May I have the make, model # ***** the age of your instrument so I can help you effectively?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Casio LK-270 4,5 years old
Thank you for that information.Do the same keys stay failed or do different ones act up at different times?Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always the same keys don't work. But this piano will play preprogrammed songs and when in that mode, the non-playing keys play perfectly. Sounds like the programming has gotten corrupted and it needs to be reset or reprogrammed but I admit I know nothing about keyboards and next to nothing about computers. And know nothing about resetting the onboard computer or downloading new programming. Help.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** Im clear on this it will play automatically all notes but when you press certain keys they are not working? Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's it. It might solve the problem to return to default settings. But I don't know how to do that. Or to reload the software or do whatever else it takes to solve the problem. It doesn't come with a restart or recovery disc like you sometimes get with a computer. There is a USB port on the back which could be used to load in programming (maybe) but where do I get the programming. Would Casio send it to me?
Hi yes you need to ask them for that, they should have sent you a disk for this purpose but they may also have an override, a set of instructions to simply load the default setting back to new;-) They can tell you how to do this. Unfortunately they wont tell me lol, because they only work with the owners;-(I will check a few more things for you but since this may take some time, I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day!Please rate kindly at this time;-)