jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

We have a Tascam CD-RW901SL that is connected to a Soundcraft

Customer Question

We have a Tascam CD-RW901SL that is connected to a Soundcraft RM-1D digital soundboard. Lately the Tascam will, on occasion, pause itself in the middle of a record session (advancing to the next track) and give the message "not 44.1k". At this point we have to push the "stop" button followed by the "record" button and it continues recording fine. Any ideas of what could be going on here?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer. How do you have the RM-1D connected to Tascam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The RM-1D has RCA connections on the back labeled SPDIF 1. The Tascam has RCA connections on the back labeled Digital (Coaxial). There is an RCA cable that connects the RM-1D SPDIF 1 "out" to the Tascam Digital (Coaxial) "in", and likewise from the Tascam Digital (Coaxial) "out" to the RM-1D SPDIF 1 "in". They've been connected this way for at least 8 years, but it's only recently I'm getting this "not 44.1k" error on the Tascam.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the delay, I have been working a gig in the Pacific NW heat. If there is a mismatch in the bit rate, you will receive this error. Are you trying to record the broadcast, or are you trying to record each track for a post mix?
I'll be here all weekend to help you sort this out.