Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a kurzweil k2000 v3 keyboard - when I turn it on, the

Customer Question

I have a kurzweil k2000 v3 keyboard - when I turn it on, the disk drive light always come on..but the actual keyboard comes on only occasionally...I hear these keyboards have some power supply issues - any suggestions?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Yes, it sounds like you have a power supply issue. If it cannot supply the right voltage, the light will come on, but it won't be enough to power the keyboard. You have 3 options. Option 1: Take it apart and look for bulged caps, or white powder in the power supply. Most of the time it is caused by worn out caps that don't produce enough current, and they need to be replaced. The white powder will give it away. Option 2: Order a used, tested power supply. You'll have to send a message to***@******.***. Include your model number, and tell them you are seeking a power supply. Option 3: A good full service electronics shop or an authorized Kurzweil repair shop can fix it for you. This is the most expensive route, but if you're not familiar with electronics, this is your best bet. Click here to locate the nearest Kurzweil repair shop.