Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a clavinova cvp-503 and it will not turn on. cord is

Customer Question

we have a clavinova cvp-503 and it will not turn on. cord is plugged in to a live switch and the switch on the key board will not turn it on. the clavinova was working from this switch and with the same cord . what are the next trouble shooting steps that are recommended.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check all along the length of the power cord. Is there any sign of fraying, severe bending or anything even more obvious?
After that, since I presume your Clavinova has worked before on Australian power's usual voltage levels, you could check whether any sort of selector switch near where the power cord goes into the Clavinova, has been switched to '120' or '120 V', if so, it has been trying to run on USA power levels, and either just needs to be switched back to 230 V, or else has been harmed by having 230 V power applied while switched to 120 V.
I hope it has not been damaged. But at this point, if the above checks have been made, we must conclude the Clavinova has a major problem or electric/electronic fault. It will need servicing, in such an event, by a professional electronic/electric organ repair-person in your region.
(What is your region of Australia, please? I might be able to recommend some organ repair-servicing co.s in your area, after a little research.)