MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

On my Yamaha P-60, one key (the E above middle C) sticks. It

Customer Question

On my Yamaha P-60, one key (the E above middle C) sticks. It won't release after being depressed once. I've taken off the outer shell and examined the key but can't see anything wrong. When attached, it tilts slightly to the left. Any ideas?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your Yamaha keyboard?
Also has anything been spilled accidentally on the keyboard?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Michael.My keyboard is about 13 years old. Nothing has been spilled in it that I am aware of.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to withdraw my question. Thank you.
Thank you for that information,
This sounds like the key itself is damaged where it hinges to the chassis and needs to be replaced. Its not normal for the key to be askew with regards ***** ***** other keys. Since you took off the cover it sounds like yo may be able to open the unit further to see if something got stuck inside just under that key causing the jam. If so yo can remove that. Also these can be fixed mot times by bending the connection point(where the key hinges) very carefully to straighten it out.
But only after being sure there is nothing down under the key interfering with this operation to the electronic button on the circuit board. I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Hi I hope that helps,
Please don't forget to rate my service before you go, and you can always get back in touch with me at no additional cost after rating to chat;-)