Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Thinking of purchasing a used KAWAI Digital Piano MR370...is

Customer Question

Thinking of purchasing a used KAWAI Digital Piano MR370...is there a USB port adapter for this model? Also, has a couple of sticking keys...is that a problem to have solved?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. In order to connect the Kawai to a PC using USB, you would need a basic Line to USB audio interface which would connect to the Kawai's headphone jack, such as the one at the link below: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ScarlettSolo?adpos=1o1&creative=55225946401&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw18-rBRDogrTg4Lusuu0BEiQACs8YQvWehQcxvloF572vdHMsf3j-BSc0AHxnbVfjzCL1UggaAtxE8P8HAQ Regarding the sticking keys, it's tough to say for sure exactly what the catalyst was to cause this, since we don't know what the previous owner may or may not have done, but in most cases this is simply caused by oxidation or dirt on the contacts under the keyboard- which can be cleaned using De-Oxit, but requires dis-assembly of the keyboard in order to access the contacts. The product you would use to clean these contacts is at the link below for purchase: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT?adpos=1o1&creative=54989263441&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw18-rBRDogrTg4Lusuu0BEiQACs8YQrTsWY6zwPLYH6b1zeREAZPS-YYA9nM4GJ088_KkHRQaAtiZ8P8HAQ If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also when you check out the organ, try pressing the stuck keys and see if they respond when pressed and held. Also, if they are stuck on a note, try seeing if pressing another key stops the tone from the stuck key. Also try manually pulling up on the key to see if the note becomes unstuck.