Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a roland workstation G 800. I havent use it

Customer Question

I have a roland workstation G 800.
I havent use it for about the last 3 years
Now i started again and most of the keys are not functioning
When i open it inside everything looks fine no moisture etc to see or corrosion
In my country , suriname the climate is very humid and warm (tropics).
What. Can i do to fix this problem ?
Help me please
Dharmvir
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I think that the heat and humidity are likely to have had an effect, if not on the electronics, then on the keys (or the switches beneath them) themselves. If you mean the control buttons aren't working (some of them), then Syntaur sells replacements for them, both for the kind of control button that has an LED window, and the kind that does not have an LED window: https://syntaur.com/Items/3377.html and https://syntaur.com/Items/5158.html Whether those are just the button that you touch, or the actual switch beneath it, I am not sure. If the switch beneath is soldered onto a circuit board, then probably you would need to have that circuit board (with its switches) either repaired or replaced. If it is the keyboard itself that has most keys not responding, then that's different matter. Try blowing air into it with an air compressor - that might get some keys working again. If it does not, then your keyboard is badly damaged and will need replacing... unless it is repaired as a whole, bit by bit, which would be a quite expensive job of work.