Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Roland ep-70 keyboard. It's not turning on. I replaced

Customer Question

We have a Roland ep-70 keyboard. It's not turning on. I replaced the 9Volt cord and it is still not turning on. Not sure what's going on.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think you have already done the sensible things for this problem.
Make sure the power key or power switch isn't jammed, or fouled (by examination, and feeling its action with the device unplugged.
If that's certainly not the case then, unfortunately, you may have a defective Roland keyboard. Hopefully it didn't take a power surge; those usually result in extensive damage that makes repair rather expensive.
How old is the Roland keyboard? measured from its date of purchase.
If it is 'young' enough, warranty terms from Roland will cover the cost of repairs.
If it isn't... if you let me know your local zip code, or other locality indicator, I will research and offer some contact information for local Roland-Authorized repair co.s that could get your device repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our zip code is 81505. If it's possible to fix and reasonable in price I'm open to that.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
The nearest Roland service center to you, unfortunately is about 70 miles east, in Glenwood Springs. Here is the contact information for it: GLENWOOD MUSIC INC3102 BLAKE AVE STE DGLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO 81601(970)(###) ###-####n-home service on HP and KR Digital Pianos, and AT Atelier Organs. I hope they can help you. Call first, of course, before going all that distance, and ask. They should be able to provide you with an estimate on the cost to you of repair, also. If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.