Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

How do I get an easier action on my piano? The action on this

Customer Question

How do I get an easier action on my piano? The action on this one is very stiff.
Model#CP177D-187-207D. Series: Digital piano. It's a concert performer.
Bob Yarbrough TAWAS, Michigan. Phone:(###) ###-#### ***** My cell:(###) ###-####
Thank you.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
On pianos and even on digital pianos it's not something that you can change a great deal. You can have someone voice your piano on a real piano or you can have a technician adjust the keys on a digital piano, but keep in mind that most of these instruments actually do have waited keys so it's not something that's just simulated. And I am not aware of any replacement key beds that you can put in in place of the default which would be one way of fixing the problem I suppose. What if you're in a position to do so what I would recommend is going out and investigating to find out which action you find that's perfect for you. And then it if you can get that instrument and it's a close enough replacement for your current instrument then it's a good reason to buy a piano that's for sure. I know that's not the best solution, and less you're in the market for new piano. But the second best solution I think would be to have a piano tech, and take care of it. That's not something you would want to be messing around with yourself because it can sometimes get very difficult to put those parts back together without breaking them if you end up having to take them out.