Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I Have a dgx 520 key board and the view screen is lite but

Customer Question

I Have a dgx 520 key board and the view screen is lite but blank
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the rest of the key board seems to work fine
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What you describe is a common-enough problem of many keyboard devices that have an LCD display as well as buttons and the keyboard of course.
If all functions work fine, and the sound is still OK etc., then you simply have a defective display module. It will have to be replaced, in all likelihood. That's a relatively delicate operation, that to be properly done, requires a skilled technician and adequate fine tools.
I advise you to take the keyboard to a Yamaha-approved service center, in your region, and have them do the job. (They might doubtfully find something else even simpler wrong with it - a crimped/damaged ribbon cable leading to the display module, for instance - but most likely the display module will be replaced.)
If your keyboard is less than a year old, also, those repairs would be done, by a Yamaha-approved service center, for free.
Let me know your local zip code or other locality indicator, and I will get you contact information and addresses for such repair facilities in your region.