Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

When the sustain pedal is connected, the keyboard stays in

Customer Question

When the sustain pedal is connected, the keyboard stays in sustain whether you; press the pedal or not,
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. Since it only happens when the pedal is plugged in, that means the problem is with the pedal itself. There are two contacts that touch when you press the pedal. They sometimes build up tarnish and don't work and require cleaning, or they can bond together if the mechanics of the pedal fail. You'll need to take it apart, and inspect those two contacts to see why they are not separating. Sometimes with a little time and patience you can get it working again. If something is broken, it is time to replace the pedal. Let me know what you find. Pedals aren't that complicated, so don't be afraid to take the bottom off and look around.