Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I am running an M-Audio Black Box Reloaded, strictly as an

Customer Question

I am running an M-Audio Black Box Reloaded, strictly as an interface, into Garageband on a Macbook with OSX 10.7.5. I am a newby with both. I recorded several tracks and they were clear. Then I moved and had to re-setup. Now, when I plug in the USB from the BBox and open GBand, the input on GB automatically chooses Mono 4 where it used to choose Mono 1. This results in a sound effect and an echo that I can't eliminate. Also, GB won't play back with the USB plugged in so it's - record a track, unplug USB, listen, replug USB, etc. I am sure I have preferences right and I have the BB on amp 40 - clean mic preamp.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. GB has a setting for your input and output devices. Not only do you have to make that setting, but you also must plug your monitors into the proper outputs on your interface. This is usually called out 1/2. Take a look at the detailed instructions, click here. Let me know if you still have trouble.