Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

What do I need to replace if my Korg X5 does not power on

Customer Question

What do I need to replace if my Korg X5 does not power on anymore?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is the X5 completely / electrically dead?Still, the easiest would be to determine if the AD Adapter is putting out 12VDC. This is best determined with the use of a volt/multi-meter. Readings would point to:• if no 12VDC, then AC Adapter faulty and would require a replacement. The replacement should be rated for 12VDC at least 700mA with center pin negative (-). The original is Part Number KA113 (405009900) for the US Version;• if 12VDC present, then it would be an internal hardware issue with the X5.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.