Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

All of the E keys just started playing very loud on my YPT-340

Customer Question

All of the E keys just started playing very loud on my YPT-340 keyboard.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. Those keyboards have velocity sensitive pads that the keys strike. That sends a partial to full short to the trigger board, which then tells the tone generator how hard, and which note to hit. If all of your E notes are out, your trigger board has gone out. It will need to be opened up and replaced. When opened, you can follow the wire from the velocity sensitive pads to locate the trigger. Call (***) ***-****, Monday through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM). If you would rather take it to a service center, click here to find your nearest center.