ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Please help. I am in the process of replacing a set of double

Customer Question

Please help. I am in the process of replacing a set of double flanges on a 1900's steinway upright. The damper spring is on the center pin. Do you have any helpful hints or advise other than "run" . I am finding it extremely difficult to align spring and flange with pin holes. Any a advise would be very helpful. Please respond. I feel like I am on a foreign planet with no rescue insight.
Thank you.
Tracy
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Please see the following video guide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY_uICPKks Let me know if you have any further questions. Pete.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
If you could leave a positive rating for my service, that would be highly appreciated :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. These are not just the damper return springs. This is the entire double(two eyed) wooden flange that has the no tailed damper spring on the flange center pin and the other eye of the flags is the hammer butt. The piano is a 1900.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Could you attach a photo please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no no ! I am NOT replacing damper springs at all. I don't think you understand my question about an acoustic piano especially of this vintage.
Thanks anyway.