MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have a Yamaha disklavier dkc 100r control unit . I replaced

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha disklavier dkc 100r control unit . I replaced the power control unit but now I get an error code 72 on the 100r.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your Yamaha 100r?
Also do you mean the power supply was replaced or the controls?
And why did you replace that, what failed and any idea if it failed due to a power cut or surge?
Please answer all of these questions carefully so I can help you in a timely manner, the more details the better;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unit was purchased in 1994. power supply. unit over a period of time failed.

Hi Tony,
This sounds like when the old supply failed it sent a power surge through the main unit. That error indicates a failed memory location in one of the RAM IC's.
Its something unfortunately needs to be rested and replaced. The part is inexpensive but a Technician needs to determine which IC is bad. If you have soldering skills and can re work (de solder) these parts you could fix this by replacing the both of them, there are two in that unit.
Its not advisable to attempt this if you aren't experienced in this type of work because its easy to do further damage to the board. But if you can do this I will let you know where to get the parts.
If not, you will need to send the unit out for this repair.
I would recommend that anyway so they can go over the whole thing to be sure there isn't anything else wrong with the electronics.
Some local music shops that make repairs can fix this for you I would check locally first. If you can find a shop for this you can use Sears home electronics service for that.
Here is a phone # ***** get you going in the right direction. (###) ###-####
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Tony and have a great day.
Please rate kindly at this time, then you can contact me anytime at no additional cost;-)
Tech Michael