Tyler, M.M., CAGO
Tyler, M.M., CAGO, Professional Musician
Experience:  20 years training & experience. Familiar with a variety of instruments.
21042015

I have a Kawai 330 digital piano. Theres something wrong with

Customer Question

I have a Kawai 330 digital piano. There's something wrong with the center note, the middle C - for some reason it's MUCH louder than all the other keys, and it's driving me nuts. Can you suggest what to do?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Tyler, M.M., CAGO replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to press ACCEPT before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

This is a common problem and is related to the individual key contact for that one note. What happens is sometimes the digital signal is interrupted by dirt, debris or corrosion so the note plays as if it is pressed as hard as possible. You may be able to fix it yourself but you might have to seek professional help if these tricks don't work. Try playing the note many times in fast repetition to dislodge anything that might be stuck there. Also try spraying some canned air in between the keys and underneath it if you can get the nozzle in there. If these things don't work you'll likely need to just get the contact repaired and will need a tech to do that. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!