Tyler, M.M., CAGO
Tyler, M.M., CAGO, Professional Musician
Experience:  20 years training & experience. Familiar with a variety of instruments.

how much is a Story & Clark pump organ worth It is organ

how much is a Story & Clark pump organ worth? It is organ #68534 and has the original certificate of warranty.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Tyler, M.M., CAGO replied 6 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Unfortunately, due to the advent of analog organs in the 1930's and now digital organs available today, pump organs have lost their place in the realm of musical instruments as a performance or practice instrument. They have also declined in value because of this and because there is a large quantity of pump organs available today.

From the serial number you give me, it looks like your organ was built around 1896. If it has all the ornate woodwork and carving it will carry more value than a more basic model. In addition, its value will be determined by its cosmetic condition as well as playing condition of all the keys, bellows and mechanisms. Realistically these organs are selling in the $300-$700 price range, mostly to antique collectors. Some organs have much higher advertised prices but they rarely sell for them. You might also wish to contact some local antique shops in your area to see if they could give you an on-site appraisal of it which would be more accurate based on your local market. Best wishes!

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I have personally given your question. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!