How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kevin Your Own Question
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 3473
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Kevin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Have a recessed light in a shower. I will add pictures. I

Customer Question

I Have a recessed light in a shower. I will add pictures. I want to replace the recessed can so that I can plug in an A19 bulb. Please give me some advise and a link from homedepot or lowes for which can or adapter to buy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the existing can light rated for wet conditions?

2) What type of light bulb does the existing can light have in place?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Kevin,This is currently in a shower so i'd assume it is wet rated. Here is a picture. Currently the is a CFL bulb inside. I was thinking i have to cut the wires to the ballast then get a socket adapter. or your thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to swap the bulb so i can install an A19 HUE led light
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) You need a new socket to accept the A19 bulb. Sockets are available at a local electrical supply store.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.


Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you please give me from Home Depot, Lowes or amazon with exactly what I need to buy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I meant to say a link
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

1) Could be as simple as the socket shown in the Home Depot link below: All depends upon how the existing can light was manufactured.

2) However, I recommend to de-install the can light and bring it with you to a local electrical supply store so they can match up a correct replacement. A electrical supply store will have a greater supply of possible socket options as compared to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Any other questions?

Related Electrical Questions