Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Are you referring to MAC cable as Metal Clad cable (MC)?
2) Will the cable be installed on the exterior framing of the home?
1) Metal Clad cable is only allowed in dry conditions since it is not weather rated cable. It is a code violation to install MC cable on the exterior.
2) Also a code violation to install MC cable where subject to physical damage.
3) I recommend to install EMT metal conduit with compression fittings along with type "THWN" conductors on the exterior. EMT is code compliant for weather rated conditions.