Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Been having electrical issues since 12/11/16. Electrician

Customer Question

Been having electrical issues since 12/11/16. Electrician came out and told us electrical box needed to be replaced. land lord had them come out fix 1 trip switch to have lights come back on that was out in 4 rooms and was told fire hazard. He said as long as lights are working he was not going to fix and I was ok with next dryer was not working thought was old and needed to replace so I purchased another one when we plugged in heat did not work checked outlet and not enough power getting to outlet to heat dryer left message for landlord not returning call, anything over $175 I have to get his permission. Electrician also told us anything buzzing means not enough juice getting to outlets. All the lights in house flicker when ac comes on
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I prefer to speak with someone by phone
Expert:  ProGrade replied 2 months ago.

I am not currently available for a phone call but can continue with live chat here. Added benefit is that you have our conversation in writing so it cannot be misunderstood. If no one except the phone call just continue here thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  ProGrade replied 2 months ago.

Is this a licensed electricIan giving you advice or someone of the handyman caliber trying to act as an electrician?

From your description it is possible that there are serious issues with your panel or further upstream. If in your panel this could be serious safety issues.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 2 months ago.

From your description it is possible that there are serious issues with your panel or further upstream. If in your panel this could be a serious safety issue but would need more info to help determine that.

And...I keep coming back to your description...since I do not know what the power supply system is at you apartment, it is possible that this problem, or a part of it could be on the electric utility side. Again, need more info to help determine that.

I do recommend in the meanwhile (and always) that you have at least one working smoke detector. The code calls for one inside of each bedroom as well as one in the hallway....one inside & outside of bedroom.

Let me know if you can provide more information and we can continue.

Thank you