Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just switched out an old screw fuse box to a 6 space

Customer Question

I just switched out an old screw fuse box to a 6 space panel. Literally switched out wire for wire to new box. After completing, I plugged a shop vac in and ran extremely high then burnt up the motor. It is only in one room that does this. Any ideas?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Not sure what you mean by "only in one room that does this"? Please provide details?

2) Are you sure the shop vac plug was wired to a 120 volt breaker and not to a double pole 240 volt breaker?

Expert:  Kevin replied 12 days ago.

I have opted out of the question since I have not heard back from you.

No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you if you choose to continue. I need to know if you have a 2 wire voltage tester and if you can send a picture of the interior of the new panel. Let me know your intentions.