Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multimeter available to take voltage measurements?
2) How did you confirm the switch has voltage?
3) What type of light fixture? Recessed can lights or other?
4) What type of wall switch? A standard ON/OFF snap switch or a dimmer switch?
1) A voltage pen (non contact type of tester) is not the correct type to use. You need a 2 wire lead or a multimeter to confirm voltages at the switch and at the light fixture.
2) Is the z-wave a new installation or did it previously work OK?
Since I have not heard back from you, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board.
No need to reply back to me, you will be notified when another expert picks up the question.
Hello, Do you still need assistance with this?