Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My Xantrex inverter is showing red fault light and not

Customer Question

My Xantrex inverter is showing red fault light and not putting out 12V to charge batteries or power 12 portions of the motorhome. This was a sudden event. All had been working well until this happened yesterday on our trip. Any way to redet this or is the inverter bad?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is Steve. I am one of the electronics experts here.

I can't take a phone call right now so if you see prompts for that, understand that it is the site, not me, that is sending those phone suggestions to you.

I have examined a few of these inverters from solar installations and RVs and in all cases, the inverters fail at the output transistors. A repair is not always economical.

Can you tell me exactly which model of inverter you have please?

Thanks.