Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a relatively new GFCI outlet that has tripped. The

Customer Question

I have a relatively new GFCI outlet that has tripped. The Circuit breaker does not trip. and the other things on the circuit are on. Even when I unplug everything and press the reset, the red light blinks but it does not reset the GFCI.
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: The GFCI was bought like in August
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no electrician yet I might
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well it has been raining. The outlet in inside the basement but on an outside wall the back side of that wall is under a concrete patio
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the GFCI have LOAD wires terminated to it? If so, temporarily remove the LOAD hot and neutral and see if the GFCI works and can reset.

2) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multimeter to confirm voltage at the GFCI LINE side screws?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

I will opt out of the question since I have not heard back from you.

Your question will be placed back to the open board. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll assist you if you chose to. Let me know.