Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Turn the circuit breaker to the OFF position.
2) Back the GFCI out from the wall box to perform a visual inspection. Any loose wires in the box or at the GFCI?
3) Does the GFCI contain any signs of burnt marks or melting on the GFCI face or brunt marks at the screw terminals?
4) Does the GFCI have 2 LOAD wires terminated to it or only the 2 LINE side wires?
5) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or a multimeter to take some voltage measurements?