Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I find a box outside, looking at not working outside lights,

Customer Question

HI. I find a box outside, looking at not working outside lights, taken some pictures. Ithink it is :datkness sensor" but not to sure. Need help with idetntification. Inside there is a sticker with " Home Automation"
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi you might need to replace the sensor..........you can bypass it as a switch to see if that is the case ...........wire ONE switch wire and ONE hot feed wire together to see ..........you will have to determine if the white or the black belongs to the switch.............if the light goes on then its the sensor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I did a baypass erlier, but what it did was - the fusebox trip went off. Can you confinm it is this kind of sensor, please? there is a phone number on the sticker, but when I rung the number it apeared private, so no link to manufacturer or installer.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Greg............Is does turn on and exterior light right ?........that company is probably out of business.......and you won't be able to get a replacement or any kind of part.......you would be best served by going to the Home Depot and pick up a new one........make sure to keep the cobwebs off of it because that will alter the function ans use of it ...............this might be the one you need..........

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-270-Degree-White-Replacement-Outdoor-Motion-Sensor-DF-5716-WH-C/203739886

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Eddie, I know how this days the sensor looks like, but need confirmation this (on my pictures) is not any other sensor, but the one I think it is. And i jus realized this is States webside, I'm in UK and there is no Home Depot. Can you clearly confirm this is the sensor, please? Cheers.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

sorry Greg ...i didn't know you were in the UK........things are different between countries and I will not be able to track it down .......I will opt out .............maybe one of my colleagues will have an answer ............good luck