Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Fuse box is full and I have lights on a 3 way but need to

Customer Question

Fuse box is full and I have lights on a 3 way but need to put light in bedroom on its own single pole. How can it take power from the 3 way and make a single pole circuit for the light in the bedroom
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About a week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the 3 way lighting already runs the light in the bedroom but we need to separate it from the 3 way circuit
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi .......what you will need to do is find out where your feed is coming in at ............it is either the ceiling box or one of the switch boxes............you need to find out what else is on that circuit ......shut off the breaker and see what is off

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you it is only 5 lights on the circuit
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

and two switches............you'll be okay with another single light and switch...........do you know where the feed is yet ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not yet but I was thinking about what you said I'm just not sure how to take the power from the 3 way to the single once I find the source
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

once you find the feed you will have to run 2 more wires

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie