Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Ok I have a one way switch. just 2 wires. I bought a switch

Customer Question

Ok I have a one way switch. just 2 wires. I bought a switch that is capable of 3 way etc . my home has its own ground so the screw take care of that. I know the blue wire was on the upper screw, and the yellow wire was on the bottom screw. I left the switch up so I could go down stairs and make sure power was cut from the switch. So, I have no Idea if blue is the hot and yellow is neutrel etc. I just wanted to be able to attach z-wire switch to my single pole fan.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 3 hours lol
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes it should be a simple upgrade. But I'll pay to have so one walk me through, via pictures etc, or me sending pictures . if that works
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Attached it the two wires i have attached. i'm able to connect to zwire. meaning there is power going to it. but it will not turn on the fan.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

I've sent the phone offer for approval. You'll need a 2 wire voltage tester to identify wires.