Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I had a circuit that I couldn't reset. So I unplugged the

Customer Question

I had a circuit that I couldn't reset. So I unplugged the toaster (which has been working fine) and it reset. (Toaster wasn't on but plugged in). Other items plugged in were an electric foamer and another item.) Worked fine the other day. Why would it start tripping? I haven't plugged in the toaster agin at the moment
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: brand new. house constructed this year. I was just surfing to see answers and found his site on google. I haven't contacted the builder but weird
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Prob not. Just looking for advice
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 18 days ago.

I assume you have a GFCI receptacle on the kitchen circuit. Either the toaster has a ground fault or there was a wet condition on the counter. If the circuit holds without the toaster, that appliance would more than likely be the reason for the trip.