Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) How many amps is the main service? 400 amps or other?
1) So are you saying the main service is 200 amps and the 100 amp panel is a sub-panel feeder from the 200 amp panel?
1) There is typically only (1) one main service irregardless of the quantity of meters.
If 2 separate meters, I suspect the main service is 400 amps but you need to confirm that before I can provide the main service entrance conductor size.
1) Can't be 2 separate main services into one building as that is very rare and requires local electrical inspector approval.
If this is for a single family dwelling, there is only (1) one main service and it will either be rated from the utility as 100 or 200 or 400 amps in most cases.
If the overhead service drop consists of 3 wires (2 hots and 1 bare neutral) extending into (1) one common cabinet and then spreading out to 2 separate meters, the main service is still (1) one.
2) You either have (1) one main service probably rated as 400 amps or the main service is 200 amps with a 100 amp sub-panel. I can't provide you with an answer until I know how the service is configured and what is delivered from PG&E?
Thanks for the replies.
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board to allow other experts to chime in.
Unless I know the service amps being delivered into the building from PG&E, I am unable to provide you with the service entrance conductor size as it is all based on the total amps originating from the utility transformer.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. If I understand your question you have a pole with a meter and you need the size of the service conductors to a gutter for the 200A & 100A panels, correct? How long is the run?