Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

My bedroom headboard has a socket and a light switch and

Customer Question

Hi, my bedroom headboard has a socket and a light switch and there are wires running under the platform bed that links to tue tv console at the end of the bed. Is it safe? Can there be a chance there will be a short circuit and fire starts under the bed?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) No it is not safe. Electrical wires and/or extension cords should always be minimized in order to prevent any potential fire.

2) Extension cords are one of the leading causes of electrical fires.

3) Consumer electronics should only be directly plugged into wall receptacles for safety reasons.

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)