Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

No power to my k kitchen...... Replaced breaker...... Still

Customer Question

No power to my k kitchen...... Replaced breaker...... Still no power...... turned on electric stove and power comes on
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: The system is at least 30 years and have not consulted an electrician
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I pulled out an old microwave that came with the built in oven built a shelve and put a counter top microwave on that...... Plugged into the old outlet at back of stove and something was crossed which created a spark....... The breaker did not trip but power went out...... When I checked at the box and shut it the vibration rattled something and power came back on........ That was last night and it was working this morning but went out
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 28 days ago.

Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?