ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

Thank you. i just installed a westek dusk dawn sensor and

Customer Question

thank you. i just installed a westek dusk dawn sensor and during the day, the lights are going on and off. i switched the wires as suggested, but the problem persists. the lights are on a dimmer and i wonder if this could be the issue or whether the wiring is an issue in the box?
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: i presume it to be the original system from 1975, possibly originally without a sensor installed. i have had friends who are very familiar look at it and be stymied
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on the scope of what needs to happen
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 25 days ago.

The light cannot be on s dimmer. Replace it with a single-pole switch. This should be the only problem if mode switch is in Automatic unless the dimmer has damaged the motion detectors. The only test is to install the single-pole switch then try it. If this doesn't work, replace the motion detector. Thank you.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 23 days ago.

Just checking in to make sure you got my reply. Please rate my service before leaving the site. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you