ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

Thank you. i just installed a westek dusk dawn sensor and

Customer Question

thank you. i just installed a westek dusk dawn sensor and during the day, the lights are going on and off. i switched the wires as suggested, but the problem persists. the lights are on a dimmer and i wonder if this could be the issue or whether the wiring is an issue in the box?
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: i presume it to be the original system from 1975, possibly originally without a sensor installed. i have had friends who are very familiar look at it and be stymied
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on the scope of what needs to happen
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 6 months ago.

The light cannot be on s dimmer. Replace it with a single-pole switch. This should be the only problem if mode switch is in Automatic unless the dimmer has damaged the motion detectors. The only test is to install the single-pole switch then try it. If this doesn't work, replace the motion detector. Thank you.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to make sure you got my reply. Please rate my service before leaving the site. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you