Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have two Aube thermostats-the kitchen stat has been

Customer Question

I have two Aube thermostats-the kitchen stat has been working fine the last 4-5 years and now I went to turn it on after a few days off and the screen is blank-is there a transformer somewhere? I cannot find it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just noticed to two days ago-I plugged the kitchen stat into the upstairs sat base and it works fine upstairs.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope to -but I have the phone number of the installing electrician.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a 12 volt dc power supply I believe-this has to come from a transformer right?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Chris Parson replied 24 days ago.

Hello thank you for choosing Just Answer, it would be on a breaker but it is more than likely tied in with other things such as your lights in the kitchen. With the screen just going black after working fine for 4-5 years it may just be time to replace the thermostat.