Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

AC unit outside house not turning on. Inside house cool is

Customer Question

AC unit outside house not turning on. Inside house cool is on and fan running. I reset breakers. Any ideas.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I changed filter past weekend. Thermostat set to "cool" with setting of 72. Its 77 and inside fan has been running since I got home, rxcept when I flipped breakers and gave it 10 minutes before turning it back on. Fan outside in unit doing nothing
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, depends. If possible and I understand what to do, yes. I'm a single mom and not much money, so I try to do what I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thought I heard someone messing with it last night. Too scared to go outside and check though. But maybe I'm being paranoid.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, and there was a power outage early Sunday morning for several hours
Expert:  Chris Parson replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for choosing Just Answer! So the inside fan is running, but nothing on the outside?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is correct. But it may have been overloaded as I did purchase a new lamp that has 3 100 watt bulbs in the part of the house closest to the outside unit. Is there a reset button to check?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind. I've been charged $5 and $11, but no answer. I will figure it out myself.