Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My, my Hampton Bay ceiling fan is controlled strictly by

Customer Question

My
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Hi Pearl, my Hampton Bay ceiling fan is controlled strictly by remote. It's the style of remote that has both up light, down light, & reverse features. the ceiling fixture currently is in an appare3nt reset mode in which all it does is flash both the upper & lower lights. is there a method to reset the operaqtion mode so the remote will resync with the fan unit?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: No thermostat feature.... filters?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. The remote does function fully with a 2nd ceiling fan in an adjoining room. that why I was thinking that the primary fan fixture requires a reset of some kind. the remote works, the fan won't respond...only flashes with both lights.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Does the ceiling fan unit have a reset switch?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the fan contain pull chains?

2) Is the receiver located under the ceiling canopy cover?

3) Do you have a multi-meter to take a few voltage measurements?

4) Are the DIP switch settings the same at the receiver and at the handheld remote?

Expert:  Kevin replied 29 days ago.

Haven't heard back from you so I will opt out of the question. You will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Chris Parson replied 26 days ago.

Try turning the breaker off, wait a few min. then turn it back on. When my cousins went out, he called me and I went to fix it. We found that flipping the breaker, then looking in the manual on how to re-sync the remote it started to work again.