Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Have no idea, Gmail, Web, Haven't yet...did not know there

Customer Question

Have no idea
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Haven't yet...did not know there was a problem till now
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connected because of a problem with my Hampton Bay fan
Category: Electrical
Expert:  cyball83 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

Is this problem regarding your computer or email account ?

Could you please explain the issue you are facing.

Thank you

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Connected because of a problem with my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. PG&E worked on area lines this morning and turned the power off for a time. When it was turned back on, my light and fan in the bedroom turned on and even with the remote, it is hard wired, would not turn off. Changed the battery, no effect. Still on. How do I get it to turn off.
Expert:  cyball83 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the details.It seems like a home appliance issue not a computer issue.Somehow this question got posted in computer category i will request moderators to re-categorize it to the home appliance category. When another expert from home appliance category answers you will get a email notification and you can continue from there. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

john

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  cyball83 replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. From your description of the occurrence I would suspect a power surge that failed the receiver in the fan. If you tell me whether the fan has pull chains or not, I'll be able to advise you on the correction.