Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I am just about to reconnect my electrical box/GFCI. The

Customer Question

I am just about to reconnect my electrical box/GFCI. The breaker in the basement is turned off. Anything I should be concerned about?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: not long, a few minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I disconnected it about 4 weeks ago to do some work on it. I have done electrical work but it is not my profession. I have good diagrams and some photos
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The key item when connecting a GFCI receptacle is to make sure that you have the LINE and LOAD wires properly terminated and to the GFCI and not reversed.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)