Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I have a new 30" downdraft jenn air... I have a new 30"

Customer Question

I have a new 30" downdraft jenn air...
I have a new 30" downdraft jenn air cooktop that is replacing an older version. I have a 3-wire cable from main CB panel. I have hooked up the 4 wire jenn air cable as the instruction book indicates. Black to Black - Red to the other Black ( home cable has 2 black and a bare twisted common) andwhite and bare to house common. Note I randomly picked Black to black and Red to black and nothing happened so I swapped and now the fan works but the burners do not work - no "On" indicator light.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Am I missing something?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Please provide me with the model number of the new Jenn Air?

2) What type of cable is installed from the main electrical panel to the Jenn Air? Service Entrance cable (type SE) or other?

3) What are the 4 wire colors from the new Jenn Air?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

I see that you have reviewed my questions, but you have not replied back to me. Therefore, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board. You will be notified if the question is picked up by another expert.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mike was able to help me on my question and I was able to get it fixed. Thanks for following up
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Glad to hear you have it working