Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

If my home was built in the last few years in California by

Customer Question

if my home was built in the last few years in California by Lyon Homes (a major developer) and they installed an 'upgraded' outlet in my garage for a refrigerator, how many amps would it be able to handle safely?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rico Soma replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to check the number on the breaker for that circuit. If it's for a frig it must be 120 volts and I'd assume an "upgrade" would be to 20 amps. But you need to check the breaker to be sure.