Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I need some help with a gfi spa disconnect box. Is that

Customer Question

I need some help with a gfi spa disconnect box. Is that something you're familiar with?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About an 3 hours this evening. It's a new installation.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I"ve got a new 60amp 220 breaker installed in the main panel with a red and black off each pole. I've got a green ground and white Neutral installed to the ground bar in the main panel. These 4 wires run to a gfi spa disconnect panel with a 60 amp 220 gfi breaker. Then a short run to the spa control panel. The gfi trips immediately. All wires are connected correctly and everything including the heater is disconnected from the control panel. So I'm down to: ***** ***** the white wire at the main panel connected to ground and that's not where it goes or I've got something wrong with the control panel. All work is done by me. I'm not an electrician although I follow directs well I think :)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Spa worked a week ago when I moved it from the neighbors house.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Chris Parson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to try my best to help you fix your problem. Did you connect the white wire and the ground to the same bar? There should be 2 different bars in your switch box, one is a ground bar and the other is a neutral bar.